Are you an experienced content writer with impeccable editing skills? Join the KDD Team! Katy Dwyer Design (KDD) is seeking a Content Writer and Strategist to write content for social media, client websites, blogs, articles, email marketing, advertising campaigns, and press releases. We are a boutique full-service marketing & communications agency located in Uptown Kingston, NY. Our clients represent a wide range of industries, including medical, nonprofit, hospitality, professional services, thought leadership, education, and more.
Our rapid growth has given us the opportunity to hire a full-time team member with 3-5 years of experience in content writing or related field. This position will start on January 3, 2023. (Please note: this is not a design position.)
This is a full-time position in our Kingston, New York office. This is NOT a remote job position.
November 17, 2022
Content Writer & Strategist
- Write a variety of content to support marketing & communications efforts for clients and KDD, including social media posts, email campaigns, newsletters, website copy, blogs, advertising copy, and press releases
- Research and gather source material to be used in content creation
- Collaborate with team members to ensure well-rounded cohesive marketing efforts across multiple platforms in the clients’ best interest
- Create weekly and monthly content calendars to promote clients’ brands on all major social media platforms
- Audit social media channels, marketing initiatives and materials, website copy, and messaging for clients, and develop and implement strategies to uplevel engagement and reach
- Monitor clients’ and KDD’s social media platforms to flag comments, messages, follows, shares, etc., and respond according to project guidelines
- Report on performance analytics of communications campaigns and strategies; identify potential strategies to improve performance
- Develop integrated marketing communications efforts, including strategizing new content initiatives for clients and KDD over the next 3-12 months
- Stay up to date on industry trends to ensure you are following best practices and delivering fresh and effective content
- Identify client needs and recommend new topics, platforms, and strategies
- Log hours on a daily basis and collaborate with team members to keep project status on track
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in content writing or a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- A desire to work in a collaborative environment built on the principles of giving and receiving constructive feedback from all members of the team
- Ability to balance multiple projects on a daily basis and be accountable to deadlines, while working both independently and on a team
- Proactive individual who is eager to learn about new clients, industries, and marketing trends, and who is ready to dive into researching these topics
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of marketing & communications ethics and best practices
- Awareness of current language related to diversity and inclusion (LGBTQ+, gender, disabilities, race, culture, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, accountable & a quick learner
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with all major social media platforms
- Macintosh Proficient (our office is 100% Mac)
- Experience using Asana, DropBox, Slack, Loomly (or Hootsuite) a plus, but not required
- Must love dogs!
- This is a full-time position, our office hours are typically Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
At Katy Dwyer Design, diversity, equity, and inclusion are embraced in our workplace culture and in the content we produce.
To be considered for this role, you must submit a cover letter and both long and short-form writing samples. To apply, fill out the form below.
Please send us your resumé with an introduction letter (tell us about yourself!) and include your writing samples.