Katy Dwyer Design is seeking an experienced Social Media & Communications Manager to join our team immediately.
We are a boutique full-service branding, marketing & communications, and website design agency located in Uptown Kingston, NY. Our clients represent a wide range of industries, including medical, nonprofit, hospitality, professional services, thought leadership, education, and more.
Our rapid growth has given us the opportunity to hire a full-time team member with 5+ years of experience in all aspects of social media account management, email marketing, digital advertising, copywriting, and client management.
This is a full-time position in our Kingston, New York office. This is NOT a remote job position.
May 10, 2022
Social Media & Communications Manager
- Work directly with clients to create, draft, and implement comprehensive social media marketing plans and content calendars using a combination of client-generated ideas and your own based on your research, understanding of the client’s goals, and past experience
- Manage and obtain client approvals for all planned and unplanned posting
- Posting, interacting, and reaching out to target audiences on each client’s social media platforms.
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the performance of posts and follower engagement
- Identify client needs and recommend new topics, platforms, and strategies
- Grow client brands through the development and implementation of social media advertising campaigns
- Collaborate with the creative team on visual content
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure well-rounded cohesive marketing efforts across multiple platforms in the clients’ best interest
- Contribute to a team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, English, or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience as a social media content writer and/or manager, copywriter, or similar role
- Hands-on experience with social management platforms (i.e. Loomly, Hootsuite)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Intuitive research skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
- Knowledge of and actively staying up to date on current social trends, innovations, tools, and best practices and changes related to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Awareness of current and evolving language related to diversity, equity, inclusion, LGBTQ and other marginalized communities, disabilities, neurodiversity, etc.
- Capable of managing multiple, simultaneous projects with tight turn‐around schedules
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and manage projects based on urgent timelines
- Macintosh proficiency (our office is 100% Mac)
- Must love dogs
Not required, but a bonus if you have experience:
- Managing junior team members and/or interns
- Working with influencers
- Using Asana, Dropbox, Slack, and Loomly
- This is a full-time, on-site position. This job is not remote.
To apply, fill out the form below.
Please share your online portfolio with writing samples, resumé, and cover letter. In your cover letter, we would like to learn about you and what interests you most about this position.