Mythbuster: Your logo is not your brand.
Let’s clear something up.
Your Brand is NOT your Logo. Your Logo is NOT your Brand.
A logo is a part of your brand, but it doesn’t (and shouldn’t) tell the whole story. It’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Here’s what your logo SHOULD do:
- Your logo should be a well thought out reflection of your brand.
- Your logo should be a strong piece of art that is able to stand on it’s own.
- Your logo should be memorable, and help customers think favorably of you.
- Your logo should be a hint—a clue—into your business. (It should not attempt to communicate everything about your business.)
- Your logo should be easily readable and instantly recognizable.
Your brand, on the other hand, is how your customers perceive your business.
Check back soon for a more detailed look at your brand on the blog!